Beach 19 is a large gay nude beach about 30 km South of Lisbon centre in the middle of a very long stretch of sand known as Costa da Caparica.
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Insurance coverage in accordance with national laws
- A friendly (and LGBT!) English-speaking guide for a full day (7 hours minimum)
- VAT (23%)
Reasons to Join our Sintra & Cascais Gay Tour
- Learn about the history of Portugal in Sintra National Palace
- Discover the magic of Sintra at Pena Palace
- Taste local gastronomy and wine in a relaxed and pleasant sea view lunch
- Reach the westernmost point of Europe at Cabo da Roca
- See the Estoril Coast and visit the village of Cascais
- Enjoy a small LGBT group and the friendly environment we are able to provide as an LGBT tour organizer
Sintra & Cascais Tour Itinerary
After we pick you up (book online as early as possible!) from our meeting point in the Príncipe Real garden, near the pink kiosk, we begin the day at Sintra. We visit one of the oldest royal palaces in Portugal – Sintra National Palace (entrance ticket not included) – where we travel back 500 years in time to the Age of Discoveries when Portuguese sailors explored the world seeking a maritime route to India.
Then we head up the mountain of Sintra and reach the Pena Palace (entrance ticket not included), located right at its top. This royal palace shows you how the Portuguese Royal Family lived in the XIX century.
We then take a pause for lunch in the village of Sintra. This is a great opportunity to try local cuisine and also Portuguese wines. This is also a great moment to get to know your tour companions better and ask what you would like to know about gay Lisbon.
After some nice conversation, we head west, eventually reaching Cabo da Roca, which is Europe’s westernmost point, with impressive views of the coast and the surrounding mountains.
We then drive along the coast, and on our way back to Lisbon, we stop in the village of Cascais. This is a beautiful place that started as a fishing village and ended up being selected by the Royals as their favourite spot.
We return to Lisbon and drop you at our meeting point just in time for a nap and a shower before hitting the city for a nice dinner followed by drinks in Bairro Alto and Príncipe Real. Have a look at our listing of Lisbon gay bars and clubs for ideas about how to spend your night in Lisbon!
Our Lisbon Walking Tours may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. We will endeavor to avoid cancellations as much as possible . In case of cancelation, we will offer our booked guests the following options:
- Re-schedule your tour to another date, if it is convenient with you.
- An alternative tour will be offered as an option to you. A price difference may exist, if that is the case, you will be charged for any extra cost or refunded for any excess payment.
- A full-refund of any payments you have done to secure your booking for the Tour.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please do so in advance (7 days minimum). In this case, you will be fully-refunded. If you do not inform us of your cancellation with at least 7 days in advance, we will not be able to refund any payments you may have done to secure your booking. Please read our Terms & Conditions for further details.