Beach 19 is a large gay nude beach about 30 km South of Lisbon centre in the middle of a very long stretch of sand known as Costa da Caparica.
Mafra and Ericiera Full Day Gay Tour from Lisbon
Discovering the history of Portugal in a visit to Royal Palaces.
- Pick-up/drop-off at Pink Kiosk at Jardim do Príncipe Real
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Insurance coverage in accordance with national law
- Minimum 2 pax – max 8 Pax
- For larger groups please contact us.
- A friendly (and LGBT!) English-speaking guide for a full day (7 hours minimum)
- The Palacio de Mafra closes on Tuesday
- VAT (23%)
- Adult (Ages 18+)
Reasons to Join Our Lisbon West Coast Gay Tour
- Travel back in time on a journey through amazing historic venues
- The Baroque Royal Palace and the World Surf Nature Reserve
- The National Palace of Mafra started in 1717 by King John V of Portugal. A Baroque monument which benefited from the Brazilian Gold, and housing one of the largest Baroque libraries in Europe, a royal palace and a monastery with 330 monks.
- Ericeira was declared as the First Surf Nature Reserve in Europe
- It was in the village of Ericeira that the royal family embarked into exile in England at 1910
- Greatly developed during the 20th century, by increasing demand as summer resort, while maintaining its original features and a characteristic atmosphere. Its beaches are very crowded during summertime, being considered the best at European level for surfing. A special mention deserves the beach Ribeira d’Ilhas, where it holds an annual World Surfing Championship.
- Taste local gastronomy and wine in a pleasant and relaxed lunch
- Enjoy a small LGBT group and the friendly environment we are able to provide as an LGBT tour organizer
West Coast of Lisbon Tour Itinerary
After we Leave our meeting point (book online as early as possible!), we take the highway to Mafra, our first stop, where we can visit the largest Palace of Portugal, also built in the 18th century by our megalomaniac King D. João V! This building, besides the function of palace, was also a monastery and also had an imposing Basilica. To get an idea of the greatness of this building, we can say that the palace has a facade of 220 meters and has more than 600 rooms and 5200 doors and windows! It has as support a park with about 20 km of perimeter (Tapada de Mafra).
In Mafra, you can also visit the Tapada Nacional (visit depending and to be set with the group) created in the mid-18th century as a park for King João V and his court. In the Tapada, besides the rich flora, there are many different species of animals, such as deer, wild boar, foxes, partridges and various types of birds, including the endangered Bonelli’s eagles. Surrounded by a 21 kilometer, three-hundred-year-old wall, the park has a small Rural Tourism house, the former Real Chalet de Caça, and two museums. The visit coud be by a tourist train, on foot, by bicycle or even on horseback.
From Mafra, we continue to Ericeira, where you can have lunch and try the excellent fresh fish of the day! After lunch, there is nothing better than a walk in the village, and see where the Royal embarked into exile to England in 1910. Ericeira has beaches of excellent quality such as Praia da Foz do Lizandro, Praia de São Lourenço, Praia de São Sebastião or Praia da Ribeira d’Ilhas, which is internationally renowned for surfing, bodyboard, and skimming.
Finally, we will return to Lisbon, just in time for a nap and a shower before hitting the city for a nice dinner followed by (probably lots of…) drinks in Bairro Alto and Príncipe Real. Have a look at our listing of Lisbon gay bars and clubs on our website.
- Meals, drinks, personal expenses and entrances to Monuments
Our Lisbon Walking Tours may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. We will endeavor to avoid cancellations as much as possible. In case of cancelation, we will offer our booked guests the following options:
- Re-schedule your tour to another date, if it is convenient with you.
- An alternative tour will be offered as an option to you. A price difference may exist, if that is the case, you will be charged for any extra cost or refunded for any excess payment.
- A full-refund of any payments you have done to secure your booking for the Tour.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please do so in advance (7 days minimum). In this case, you will be fully-refunded. If you do not inform us of your cancellation with at least 7 days in advance, we will not be able to refund any payments you may have done to secure your booking. Please read our Terms & Conditions for further details.