mEKOS LODGE IS NO LONGER OPEN
LisbonBeach had the opportunity to meet Luis and Antonio, the couple behind this new project. If you are searching for a naturist accommodation option for your Lisbon holiday then read on to find out about the Mekos Male-Only Lodge project:
Tell us about the Mekos Male-Only Lodge project.
Mekos is a 100% masculine and clothing-optional space in the form of a guest house (rental accommodation) for short and medium term stays on a self-catering regime.
What is the story behing Mekos Male-Only Lodge?
We are a couple and we have been together for almost five years. One of us worked for years in the financial field, while the other continues to work in medicine. This project was born following a series of factors, including sudden unemployment of one of us, the desire to work self-employed, the desire to leave the city and enhance our quality of life, and finally, last but not least, the need to fill a gap in the provision of such accommodation aimed at the male and nudist market. Whilst searching for the ideal space for our project, we found this house and soon fell in love with it. It has modern lines, however, it was somewhat rundown due to the abandonment it suffered.
We are now still recovering the house and it has become both our residence and the Mekos Male-Only Lodge.
Tell us about the guests you hope to host?
At start, our target market was mainly male couples. However, we began to notice an interest by Mekos from single men. Despite that, some singles were hesitant about coming alone, so we created the Singles' Weekend @ Mekos, an event in line with what might be called slow-dating, as opposed the fast-dating where participants take turns every 5 minutes. The name says it all and does not require more than filling out a confidential form to easily create a cohesive group that can share the facilities, have fun and build friendships.
What rules do you have in the guest house?
The aim of Mekos Male-Only Lodge is to be a place where everyone can stay in a healthy and masculine environment, regardless their sexual orientation and with respect for everyone's preferences. It's just a matter of sense and sensibility. Without any false moralisms, we do not want Mekos to be seen as a cruising space. As our maximum capacity is 6 guests, we believe that an atmosphere of tranquility and respect will always prevail between our guests.
Where is Mekos located and what can be found in the surrounding area?
Mekos is located in the municipality of Sesimbra, in a quiet rural area with the sea on the horizon. We are 6km from the town of Sesimbra and another 6km from Aldeia do Meco. All essential services and shops are in a range from 2 to 4km. We are only 30km south of Lisbon, and therefore Mekos also serves the capital's public wishing to break with the routine and stress of the urban day-to-day. We are also able to serve international tourists, who from Mekos can explore Lisbon, Sintra, Évora and Tróia, for example.
How should we book a stay in Mekos Male-Only Lodge?
To book you can contact us at email@example.com, mentioning your travel dates and number of guests. You can also use the phone numbers (+351) 917536504 or 969832258. To confirm the booking, we ask for a 20% deposit, with the remaining 80% to be paid 15 days before the arrival date.
What else would you like to tell us about Mekos Male-Only Lodge?
At the moment we have a 2-bedroom apartment for 1 to 4 people, with kitchen, and an independent bedroom for 1 or 2 people, equipped with fridge, microwave and some small appliances. We also have a salt-water pool consisting of a jacuzzi with a waterfall, a 10mts main tank and a water-solarium We have a small gym, mountain bikes and a complete and qualified massage service. We have some reservations about installing television service, but guests have at their disposal a vast DVD collection. We also organize photo shoot sessions within the themes desired by the models.
You can find further details and updates on their website or in the Mekos Male-Only Lodge Facebook page. You can also contact Mekos Male-Only Lodge on firstname.lastname@example.org.